Influencer Marketing Fraud Survival Guide
- Paid-for fake followers
- Instagram pods – fake activity through likes, comments, and engagement
- Not actually creating genuine posts (using stock images for photos, etc.)
Although buying followers, likes, and comments clearly violates Instagram’s community guidelines, scammers are getting more sophisticated by the day; some Influencer Fraud scammers are paying third-party API’s to make their accounts automatically like and comment on other photos, engage with other accounts, and more.
It doesn’t really matter because both accounts are fake. It even says so in their bio.
While Amanda loves to travel, loves photography, and has 31.6k followers, while Alexa has 51k followers and equally, if not more so loves travel…
Means to You
Where is your money going to with influencer marketing?
- Stock photos — are these influencers using images you know they’ve taken? Or does every image look a little too perfect to be true? #ad
- Follower spikes —ever seen an influencer have a massive spike in followers, almost overnight? Perhaps multiple times, almost equally spaced out? Unless said influencer is wicked talented, running contests, and social media strategies that are authentic, it’s likely they’re buying followers.
- Skewed engagement — generally speaking, comments represent 2% of engagement on FB, IG, and Twitter. Do the apparent likes and comments look strange for having such unusually large amounts of followers?
Don't be kept in the dark when it comes to Black Friday and Cyber Monday: with these 4 tips, you'll gain a competitive advantage over your vast competition - online and offline - fast. Without sounding like that middle-aged agency at the party who discusses–at...
Before we pop our celebratory bottle of champagne, the main reason that becoming a Snapchat Certified Partner is important...is because it helps us help you. As a Snapchat certified partner, the training provided and access to best practices/tools for buying and...
Oh, you thought Expanded Text Ads were a game changer last year? Then brace yourself for these 5 changes to Search Advertising as you know it, bound to change the PPC game. When you're Google, you do fun things: foam pits, in-house slides to get to lower floors,...